Benjamin Joseph Herrington, Amherst School Committee Candidate
Who is Ben Herrington?
- Single father of a 5th grade Crocker Farm Elementary School student.
- Veteran of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Former Town Meeting Member.
- Human Rights Commissioner, Amherst Human Rights Commission.
- Amherst Education Foundation board member.
- ARPS Employee.
- Participated in the Fort River School Building Committee feasibility study.
- Holds Associate Degrees in Journalism and Communications.
What are his key issues?
- Infrastructure improvement and the creation of a Facilities Development Policy.
- Responsible budgeting and fiscal planning for the future of our school system.
- Meeting the nutritional needs of all of our students, with the goal of providing free lunch to every student.
- Proactive outreach in order to bring more voices and broader perspectives to the table.