Benjamin Joseph Herrington, Amherst School Committee Candidate (Incumbent)
Who is Ben Herrington?
- Single father of a 7th grade student at Amherst Regional Middle School
- Veteran of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 10th Mountain Division
- Former Town Meeting Member
- Amherst Human Rights Commission (Chair)
- School Equity Task Force Member
- ARPS Employee
- Participated in the Fort River School Building Committee feasibility study and served as the District Representative on the Crocker Farm feasibility study
- Amherst School Committee representative to the Elementary School Building Committee
- School Committee representative on the Amherst Media Board
- Served as School Committee representative on the Joint Labor and Management Safety Committee (JLMSC)
- Served on Amherst Education Foundation Board
- Youth basketball coach
- Holds Associate Degrees in Journalism and Communications
What are his key issues?
- Infrastructure improvement and school safety
- Equitable access to educational opportunities and outcomes
- Responsible budgeting and fiscal planning for the future of our school system
- Honoring our commitment to social justice and multiculturalism
- Building or significantly renovating a new elementary school.